How to FTP
There are a few FTP programs that you can use to upload your file to the web. Most of the interfaces look very similiar. Below is a screenshot of "Filezilla." You will need the information shown below on all of the programs.
1. Host - Your domain name/url goes here
2. Username - This is the FTP username you created with the host (your server company)
3. Password - This is the FTP password you created with the host - It may or may not be the same as your password to sign into your control panel with your host.
4. The Local Site - This is where you will navigate to in order to find your web. These files are on your computer.
5. The Remote Site - This is the host or web files.
6. You will click on the public_html in order to upload your files. Make sure the file is open.
When you are ready to upload, highlight the file(s), right click and choose "upload" or drag the files from the local site (your computer) to the remote site (the web).
Comments and administrative-type problems should be emailed to the National Coordinator. For suggestons, concerns or complaints regarding a specific web site within the USGenWeb Project, please use the Contact Form.
Direct comments, technical difficulties or suggestions about this web site to the Webmaster.